Antibiotic therapy with metronidazole reduces endometriosis disease progression in mice: a potential role for gut microbiota
- Location of subjects
- United States of America
- Host species Species from which microbiome was sampled. Contact us to have more species added.
- Mus musculus
- Body site Anatomical site where microbial samples were extracted from according to the Uber Anatomy Ontology
- Feces Cow dung,Cow pat,Droppings,Dung,Excrement,Excreta,Faeces,Fecal material,Fecal matter,Fewmet,Frass,Guano,Matières fécales@fr,Merde@fr,Ordure,Partie de la merde@fr,Piece of shit,Porción de mierda@es,Portion of dung,Portion of excrement,Portion of faeces,Portion of fecal material,Portion of fecal matter,Portion of feces,Portion of guano,Portion of scat,Portionem cacas,Scat,Spoor,Spraint,Stool,Teil der fäkalien@de,Feces
- Condition The experimental condition / phenotype studied according to the Experimental Factor Ontology
- endometriosis endometriosis,Endometriosis (clinical),endometriosis (disease),Endometriosis (disorder),Endometriosis (morphologic abnormality),ENDOMETRIOSIS NEC,Endometriosis NOS,Endometriosis NOS (disorder),Endometriosis of other specified sites,Endometriosis, site unspecified
- Group 0 name Corresponds to the control (unexposed) group for case-control studies
- Non-endo mice
- Group 1 name Corresponds to the case (exposed) group for case-control studies
- Endo mice
- Group 1 definition Diagnostic criteria applied to define the specific condition / phenotype represented in the case (exposed) group
- Uterine tissue was transplanted onto the peritoneal wall in order to induce endometriosis in these mice.
- Group 0 sample size Number of subjects in the control (unexposed) group
- Group 1 sample size Number of subjects in the case (exposed) group
- Antibiotics exclusion Number of days without antibiotics usage (if applicable) and other antibiotics-related criteria used to exclude participants (if any)
- Mice had never been given antibiotics prior to the start of the experiment
- Sequencing type
- 16S variable region One or more hypervariable region(s) of the bacterial 16S gene
- Not specified
- Sequencing platform Manufacturer and experimental platform used for quantifying microbial abundance
- Data transformation Data transformation applied to microbial abundance measurements prior to differential abundance testing (if any).
- relative abundances
- Statistical test
- Significance threshold p-value or FDR threshold used for differential abundance testing (if any)
- MHT correction Have statistical tests be corrected for multiple hypothesis testing (MHT)?
- Shannon Estimator of species richness and species evenness: more weight on species richness
Source: Figure 3
Description: Differential microbial abundance between non-endo and endo mice: fecal samples from mice with simulated endometriosis had higher levels of Bacteroidetes and Firmicutes than non-endo mice. The bacteroides genera was absent in non-endo mice but present in endo mice.
Abundance in Group 1: increased abundance in Endo mice