Alteration of the fecal microbiota in Chinese patients with Parkinson's disease
- Location of subjects
- Host species Species from which microbiome was sampled (if applicable)
- Homo sapiens
- Body site Anatomical site where microbial samples were extracted from according to the Uber Anatomy Ontology
- Feces Cow dung,Cow pat,Droppings,Dung,Excrement,Excreta,Faeces,Fecal material,Fecal matter,Fewmet,Frass,Guano,Matières fécales@fr,Merde@fr,Ordure,Partie de la merde@fr,Piece of shit,Porción de mierda@es,Portion of dung,Portion of excrement,Portion of faeces,Portion of fecal material,Portion of fecal matter,Portion of feces,Portion of guano,Portion of scat,Portionem cacas,Scat,Spoor,Spraint,Stool,Teil der fäkalien@de,Feces
- Condition The experimental condition / phenotype studied according to the Experimental Factor Ontology
- Parkinson's disease IDIOPATHIC PARKINSON DIS,Idiopathic Parkinson Disease,Idiopathic Parkinson's Disease,IDIOPATHIC PARKINSONS DIS,Idiopathic PD,LEWY BODY PARKINSON DIS,Lewy Body Parkinson Disease,Lewy Body Parkinson's Disease,Paralysis agitans,paralysis agitans,PARKINSON DIS,PARKINSON DIS IDIOPATHIC,Parkinson disease,Parkinson Disease, Idiopathic,Parkinson syndrome,Parkinson's,Parkinson's disease,Parkinson's disease (disorder),Parkinson's disease NOS,Parkinson's disease NOS (disorder),Parkinson's Disease, Idiopathic,Parkinson's Disease, Lewy Body,Parkinson's syndrome,Parkinsonian disorder,Parkinsonism, Primary,Parkinsons,PARKINSONS DIS,PARKINSONS DIS IDIOPATHIC,PARKINSONS DIS LEWY BODY,Parkinsons disease,Primary Parkinsonism
- Group 0 name Corresponds to the control (unexposed) group for case-control studies
- Healthy controls
- Group 1 name Corresponds to the case (exposed) group for case-control studies
- Participants with Parkinson's Disease
- Group 1 definition Diagnostic criteria applied to define the specific condition / phenotype represented in the case (exposed) group
- All PD patients eligible for this study were diagnosed with PD according to the UK Brain Bank criteria. Patients with IBS were excluded.
- Group 0 sample size Number of subjects in the control (unexposed) group
- Group 1 sample size Number of subjects in the case (exposed) group
- Antibiotics exclusion Number of days without antibiotics usage (if applicable) and other antibiotics-related criteria used to exclude participants (if any)
- Participants taking antibiotics or probiotic supplements within the three months prior to sample collection.
- Sequencing type
- 16S variable region One or more hypervariable region(s) of the bacterial 16S gene
- Sequencing platform Manufacturer and experimental platform used for quantifying microbial abundance
- Statistical test
- Significance threshold p-value or FDR threshold used for differential abundance testing (if any)
- MHT correction Have statistical tests be corrected for multiple hypothesis testing (MHT)?
- LDA Score above Threshold for the linear discriminant analysis (LDA) score for studies using the popular LEfSe tool
- Confounders controlled for Confounding factors that have been accounted for by stratification or model adjustment
- age, body mass index, sex, constipation
- Shannon Estimator of species richness and species evenness: more weight on species richness
- Chao1 Abundance-based estimator of species richness
- Simpson Estimator of species richness and species evenness: more weight on species evenness
Source: Figure 3A.
Description: Taxonomic differences of fecal microbiota in PD and healthy groups
Abundance in Group 1: increased abundance in Participants with Parkinson's Disease
Source: Figure 3A.
Description: Taxonomic differences of fecal microbiota in PD and healthy groups.
Abundance in Group 1: decreased abundance in Participants with Parkinson's Disease
Revision editor(s): Fcuevas3