Association of Flavonifractor plautii, a Flavonoid-Degrading Bacterium, with the Gut Microbiome of Colorectal Cancer Patients in India
- Location of subjects
- Host species Species from which microbiome was sampled. Contact us to have more species added.
- Homo sapiens
- Body site Anatomical site where microbial samples were extracted from according to the Uber Anatomy Ontology
- Feces Cow dung,Cow pat,Droppings,Dung,Excrement,Excreta,Faeces,Fecal material,Fecal matter,Fewmet,Frass,Guano,Matières fécales@fr,Merde@fr,Ordure,Partie de la merde@fr,Piece of shit,Porción de mierda@es,Portion of dung,Portion of excrement,Portion of faeces,Portion of fecal material,Portion of fecal matter,Portion of feces,Portion of guano,Portion of scat,Portionem cacas,Scat,Spoor,Spraint,Stool,Teil der fäkalien@de,Feces
- Condition The experimental condition / phenotype studied according to the Experimental Factor Ontology
- colorectal cancer cancer of colorectum,cancer of large bowel,cancer of large intestine,cancer of the large bowel,colon cancer,colorectal cancer,colorectum cancer,CRC,large intestine cancer,malignant colorectal neoplasm,malignant colorectal tumor,malignant colorectum neoplasm,malignant large bowel neoplasm,malignant large bowel tumor,malignant large intestine neoplasm,malignant large intestine tumor,malignant neoplasm of colorectum,malignant neoplasm of large bowel,malignant neoplasm of large intestine,malignant neoplasm of the large bowel,malignant neoplasm of the large intestine,malignant tumor of large bowel,malignant tumor of large intestine,malignant tumor of the large bowel,malignant tumor of the large intestine
- Group 0 name Corresponds to the control (unexposed) group for case-control studies
- Healthy control
- Group 1 name Corresponds to the case (exposed) group for case-control studies
- Colorectal cancer patients
- Group 1 definition Diagnostic criteria applied to define the specific condition / phenotype represented in the case (exposed) group
- Indians who are colorectial cancer patients
- Group 0 sample size Number of subjects in the control (unexposed) group
- Group 1 sample size Number of subjects in the case (exposed) group
- Antibiotics exclusion Number of days without antibiotics usage (if applicable) and other antibiotics-related criteria used to exclude participants (if any)
- Recent use of antibiotics.
- Sequencing type
- 16S variable region One or more hypervariable region(s) of the bacterial 16S gene
- Not specified
- Sequencing platform Manufacturer and experimental platform used for quantifying microbial abundance
- Data transformation Data transformation applied to microbial abundance measurements prior to differential abundance testing (if any).
- relative abundances
- Statistical test
- Mann-Whitney (Wilcoxon)
- Significance threshold p-value or FDR threshold used for differential abundance testing (if any)
- MHT correction Have statistical tests be corrected for multiple hypothesis testing (MHT)?
- Shannon Estimator of species richness and species evenness: more weight on species richness
Source: Text, Figure 2, Table S3
Description: Species observed to be significantly associated with CRC or healthy samples.
Abundance in Group 1: increased abundance in Colorectal cancer patients
Source: Text, Figure 2, Table S3
Description: Species observed to be significantly associated with CRC or healthy samples
Abundance in Group 1: decreased abundance in Colorectal cancer patients